Pregnancy Massage Fundamentals
DATE: Oct 14, 2023
LOCATION: The following classes will take place in Nevada City, California address will be emailed upon registration
TIME: 9am – 6pm
CEU HOURS: 8 CEU’s
PRICE For A LA CARTE CLASS: $150 early bird / 200.00 after Sept 15
MATERIALS: $60 for A dynamic Guide To Pregnancy Massage to be collected day of class.
CONTACT: Chula Gemignani firstname.lastname@example.org (530) 798-9998
This day long course focuses on the fundamentals needed in pregnancy massage and is the in-depth study you most likely never received in massage school.
This is a prerequisite for the Pregnancy Massage Certification
You’re welcome to take it on a la carte without the certification for 8CEUs
All courses are approved by NCBTMB for CEUs.
Unlike most DFR™ courses, this first class is unlike the DFR bodywork classes and is 90% discussion.
It is not a class in applied massage however, it teaches the foundational knowledge that every practitioner working with pregnant clientele must carry under their belt.
We will discuss the fundamentals of pregnancy massage so you can walk away with a deeper understanding of the subject and the confidence to take good care of your prenatal client. The topics discussed lay the foundation for the Pregnancy Massage Certification in DFR™but you do not need to be signed up for the certification to take this course.
Topics of discussion are:
- The benefits of pregnancy massage and debunking the myth that pregnancy massage and bodywork would be unsafe.
- Pregnancy conditions and complications so you understand when to ask for a medical release, safe methods to use as well as safe positioning. Medical Releases are provided in book.
- Understanding the stages of pregnancy’s physiological changes, postural patterns and discomforts and tension.
- Contraindicated points. Learn points on the body that can stimulate contraction, ripen the cervix and are great for labor stimulation and support but unsafe to use on your prenatal client.
- Proper intake and assessment is different for prenatal clients. Get skilled at flawless intake. Intake forms and medical release forms are provided.
- Understanding the circulatory system and how pregnancy affects it.
- Keeping your client and their baby safe as well as your career.
- Rapport skills for addressing the pregnant client.
- Non binary and queer ethics for the pregnant client.
- Master side-lying and semi-reclined positioning and develop exceptional draping skills.
- Understanding fascia and the benefits fascial unwinding.
Chula’s course curriculum is based on what she would want in a class as a professional having thousands of hours of massage experience. Her courses are designed for the practitioner who wants some rocket juice to fuel their practice!
DOULA’S ARE WELCOME TO THIS COURSE